Friday, May 7, 2010

Too many choices and ONE chosen

After trying to decide on the Pottery Barn, Benjamin Moore collection and testing over 22 colors on 11 walls, I had it down to one Restoration Hardware shade. Then I changed my mind! Not RH Flint, Bay Laurel, Silver Sage and not even the plain old browns they have in the shade of flax ~ just nothing worked with what I had in mind. Downsizing from 3800 sf to 2200 sf was a big choice and the paint needed to be just right. I searched online and found someone's bathroom I loved in a WalMart (did you even know they had paint?) color called Dried Grass. I bought a small can and bunch of other shades to try my swatch project again. I loved the Dried Grass immediately. It was the tan/green I had been looking for forever. I also was THRILLED to see that the price of the paint was substantially less than even the big home stores in the areas (HDepot and Lowes). I spent about $250 on all the paint/supplies etc.. and I love the shade. It changes with the daylight, nighttime and it's better looking than I could imagine. I still wish I had a place for the Restoration Hardware Butter paint color b/c I think it's gorgeous. But, I committed to 4 colors in the house and 1 paint choice and I stuck to it. Editing sucks for the most part but I am happy with the outcome.

Posted by Picasa

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments: